Procrastination. How I live my life. 52 years of putting things off until the last minute when, under great pressure, I finally get whatever it is done. That’s me–Mary Anne GSD – its a new degree–Get Shit Done. So today I am finally getting to thanking you – A Pocketful of Joules – For awarding me the Liebster Award.
Much like actors, we writers like to pat ourselves on the back every now and then and award our cool writer friends with cool awards. Getting props from a fellow blogger is pretty much what we live for in our little cluttered, crazy, crappy computer world. Makes us feel like we are not alone, that we are reaching someone out there. Make them laugh, cry, snort, smile, remember, whatever. So here we go!
Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post. Go to their page and tell them.
No tag backs.
11 Things about Me:
1. It’s 6pm on a Saturday afternoon and my T-Rex (16 year old daughter) is still asleep. That makes me bat shit crazy.
2. I grew up mostly in the South, with a diversion in NJ. Which is why it’s hard to go to a Springsteen concert anywhere but The Meadowlands Arena.
3. I once flew to Los Angeles for a blind date. Really. I thought he was a swarthy Armenian medical resident with hair. He wasn’t. That was a 4 day weekend that lasted 3 days and 23 hours too long.
4. But I did meet BC (my hubs) on a blind date 24 years ago. In one night I smoked cigarettes, got fabulously drunk on his dime, told extremely dirty jokes, and almost puked in his Mazda RX 7. We were engaged 4 months later.
5. I have way too many animals. But they crack me up so it’s worth it.
6. I go in and out of reading jags. I just finished Gone Girl and think it will actually be a better movie than book. I think.
7. I never had a real date until college. And it was out to dinner. I ordered spaghetti. That was a bad move.
8. In my past life I must have been a junk dealer because I cannot stay away from flea markets and antique malls.
9. I have really short hair now because I can’t stand to blow dry my hair, or even put on makeup for that matter. I know that sometimes when I go out in public I can tend to look like an angry lesbian because of the ball cap, glasses, no makeup, polo shirt and army green shorts I wear constantly. Not that there is anything wrong being a lesbian. OR an angry one. But if I was a lesbian I would probably wear makeup to attract other hot lesbians. Oh shit, where am I going with this?
10. I have always, and will always love horses. They are one of the most magical creatures and fascinate me on a daily basis.
11. I love awards–I have ALWAYS loved the crap you get when you win stuff-sure the money is great or the free lifetime supply of Tampons, but the sash, the trophy, the medal, the crown, the confetti flying, that’s what I like best! Probably that’s why I have been a real estate agent for so long. We love that million dollar club bullshit and stuff.
My 11 Questions to Answer:
- Who is on your man crush list? Roger Federer, Ryan Lochte (I know he’s a douche but he’s hot), Keifer Sutherland (reminds me of someone..), Chris Martin of Coldplay
- Why did you decide to start a blog? Prodding from friends-inspiration from others-because I have always liked to write
- Had you even heard of me or my blog before I awarded you the Liebster Award?* yes ma’am!
- What is the last commercial that you laughed at (post it if possible)? The eTrade baby
- What do you do for your day job? Real Estate Broker and multi-tasker
- What is the rudest question that someone has asked you? When are you expecting (at the age of 45 when I was in a huge t-shirt)
- What is the best vacation that you’ve ever gone on? We go on lots-BC is a pilot-but I adore Paris and go often!
- How did you meet your significant other (if you have one) in 2 sentences or less? If no sig, how did you meet your best friend? I met BC on a blind date! see above…
- What are you really, really good at? Making people laugh, real estate, and I can hang a spoon on my nose
- What is your favorite online shopping website? All the way-Bag Borrow or Steal
- I’m always looking for fun beauty products that make me feel pretty. What is the one beauty product you just cannot live without? Retin-A and eyeliner-Bobbi Brown!
Here’s My List of 11 Questions:
1. Do you use Blogger or WordPress or another platform?
2. Who is your GIRL Crush?
3. What is your current daytime job, except blogging, if any?
4. What is your favorite candy?
5. What inspires you to write?
6. If your could spend a day with ANY blogger who would that be (besides me LOL)?
7. How many kids, animals do you have?
8. How did you meet your husband, partner, best friend?
9. Have you ever made a vlog–video blog ?
10. Is your blog anonymous?
11. Chocolate or wine-in stress?
11 Bloggers I am Awarding:
Pibbles & Me
A Parently Insane
Is it Pretty
Lady or Not
Really Real Atlanta Housewife
One Butt Kitchen
When awarding my 11 fellow bloggers I tried really hard to pick people who have not received this award already. So if you’re already a Liebster winner, please ignore me and just go straight to feeling flattered that you’re so incredibly cool.
*Yes, I know this sounds totally self-serving, but one of the reasons that these awards were invented was to introduce people to new blog friends. If you already knew me and I already knew you, is the award really working?