I was in the land of the Walking Dead yesterday. I attended the Saturday session of Aiming Low’s Non Conference in Callaway Gardens, Georgia. It is fairly close to the areas that they film the network TV series and I was hoping to run into some sexy zombies but alas, just some really sexy bloggers!
This was my first blogging conference for what I call the real bloggers out there–creative people of all shapes, ideas, personalities and truly committed to their craft and it was both surreal, eye-opening, and fun to be with like-minded people JUST LIKE ME! (read-crazy, funny, smart, sassy, talented, challenged, stressed, etc).
In the meantime I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award from the Menopausal Mother! And there are some rules that go with this that I am happy to comply with:
Include award logo in blog post, thank the nominee and link back to their site
Post 7 interesting facts about yourself
Pass the award to 7 deserving sisters
7 Like TOTALLY interesting Facts about myself:
1. I met IRL the Pioneer Woman at the Aiming Low Non Con yesterday and she sang “Endless Love” while showing a slide show of Charlie, her Bassett hound. She is so human-which is why she is so popular, and I hear she can down a mean martini, and over 20 olives…
2. Last week I wrote about my adult ADD – made worse, of course by the fact that I am a Woman of a Certain Age. I wrote about it here at I Can Haz Shinee Objects
4. I also wrote a post last week on a little problem that an oh, so intellectual fraternity at University Of Tennessee had with boxed wine. If you are brought up right in my house you do not drink boxed wine unless you are camping in an RV park, partying with your girlfriends on a spooky bus tour of downtown Asheville, or get stuck doing your clothes in a laundromat. Just saying.
5. I made it into the Huffington Post. Well, kinda. The Divine Secrets of a Domestic Diva did. With the dog shaming craze, she asked us bloggers to do a little mom shaming. And we did. My pic made it onto her article. And in the album-not one of the 10 best but hey, I’ll take it.
6. I am a flea, antique and thrift store whore. In the last 2 weeks me and my partner in crime I have amassed probably Atlanta’s largest collection of Butt Ugly Christmas Sweaters. And you can have one too for your holiday parties! Come join us at the Lakewood 400 Market this upcoming weekend. You can also buy lotsa other fun stuff there too. I have always been a flea freak. Don’t know why. But maybe it’s because of all of the moving we did growing up that I have no remnants of my childhood toys to look at — which is totally fine. But I still collect Trolls…
7. Everyone has a Bucket List. My top one is to be a Zombie Extra on the Walking Dead just once. In high school, I remember watching Night of the Living Dead with friends and thank god it was in black and white. But zombies have always fascinated me for some really weird reason and just once, I want to stagger and groan and eat gross stuff with a horrid makeup job completely sober…
So thank you MM – And I would like to pass this award on to these fellow sisters:
Have a great week and come play with me on twitter @hellomap