Who doesn’t have a bucket list?
Can you believe I don’t??
I was once in a class that I had to write down 100 things to do before I die. I was about 35 at the time. At that point the only thing I could think of was to not kill my colicky infant keeping me awake all night. But, over time, I have had the opportunity to:
- Snorkel in Hawaii – fyi – wear a t-shirt – we got 2nd degree burns on our back
- Attend an Olympic Games – I was even a volunteer at the ones in Atlanta
- Work on a (mostly) naked Gay leather catalogue photo shoot AND not get arrested
- Meet a couple of famous people
- Be on TV (Anderson Cooper), attend the Ellen Show
- Sneak on to the stage at the Hollywood Bowl
- Jump – accidentally – into Maureen O’Hara’s (Mia Farrow’s mom) trash can sneaking out of a Beverly Hills house
- Start a fight at Chastain Park while watching Kool & the Gang on my 40th birthday
- See the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, travel Europe after college, yada yada
- Own a German car
- Pass out a Rolling Stone’s Concert
- Smoke weed with the roadies at a Billy Idol Concert
- Make out with a former PGA professional at a golf tournament in 1983
- Sing on Stage with Doug Clark and the Hot Nuts
- Spend New Years Eve in Times Square
- Flash REM at a concert in 1983 – they didn’t see me…
- Work on a Presidential campaign – he lost
- Own a horse
- Be broke because I owned a horse (or 3…)
- Get boobs – well, after pregnancy
- Vegas – what happens in Vegas…
- Have a bar bill at my wedding that was more than the food bill
- Go on a five-day blind date with a Beverly Hills doctor that was 4 days and 23 hours and 55 minutes too long…
- Sell a million dollar house or 10
- Pee in the back of an AMC Pacer in 1978
- Zip Line on a cruise
- Eat an entire box of HOT Krispey Kremes
- Go to a midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show in nightgowns, with rain coats, umbrellas, toast and rice. . .
- Go to The Varsity for lunch REALLY hung over – this perspective changes everything about those ‘walkin dogs’
- Do the ‘walk of shame’ but that was in my 20s. Would be fun to do it again…
- Get Botox – I already have a big forehead. Botox makes it more prominent – yay Flipper
- Get a mammogram and not scream
- Go on a Napa wine tour. In a Wines R Us tour van. Really.
- Find out that the video cameras at the Animal Kingdom hotel at Disney are pointed to your ROOM…over the pasture. Great.
- Be able to spell Vagina correctly. And say it. Out loud. (I grew up Catholic…)
- Go to a Drag Show. FYI – they dress better than us, girls
- Be a mom. And find out that you can nurse a baby, bake a cake, and negotiate a real estate contract all at the same time.
- Become a photographer – FINALLY – and make shoe money with it
- Become a writer – again – thank god for blogging and the people I have met there, AND the opportunities and support
So I guess this is my Already Been There Done That list and for these experiences I am thankful. And a little shocked. I really am a nutcase.
And yes, this is my 100th post. I am planning on 100 more, and 100 more. Now, if you can help me add The Amazing Race to this list – but only if they stay in luxury hotels and avoid extremely hot and humid locations….